Makes 6 servings.
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup sliced ripe olives
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Cook green pepper until tender crisp in 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove green pepper; set aside.
- Cook Onion in remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until soft.
- Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed. Stir in 1 cup broth. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in , cheese, white pepper and reserved green pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.