This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ritchie Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ginger[
- 1¼ cups [water]]
- ½ cup raisins
- 6 cups peeled cored and sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add margarine, egg and milk.
- Mix well then set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Gradually add water stirring to dissolve cornstarch then add raisins and cook and stir until mixture is boiling.
- Add apples, lemon juice and margarine.
- Continue cooking until apples begin to soften.
- Turn apple mixture into a well oiled square pan.
- Drop prepared dough onto apple mixture by large spoonfuls.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.