This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ritchie Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ pound cheddar cheese sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, pepper, onion and egg then mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Place half the meat mixture in loaf pan.
- Make a deep well the length of loaf then place cheese mixture in well and place remaining meat mixture on top.
- Bake for 1½ hours then pour off drippings and top with sliced cheese and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.