This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 medium white onions coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Add oil to Dutch oven over medium heat then add onions.
- Toss with oil then add 1 tablespoon water and cook until limp.
- Add ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.