- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1 can peas, drained
- 1 tomato, sliced
- salt, pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 portions La vache qui rit
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a thin film of oil in a casserole or pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Sauté the onions.
- Add 2 teaspoons of tomato paste and the mushrooms.
- Two minutes later, add the peas, then add the tomato, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the casserole and let simmer for 3–4 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups water into casserole.
- Salt. Bring it to a boil and pour in the rice.
- Once the contents come to a boil for the second time, add cheese and butter.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.