Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup each)
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup chopped onion, red, white, or yellow only
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded or cubed, cooked, lean beef
- 2 cups peeled and cubed cooked potatoes
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, optional
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Add beef and potatoes to skillet; sprinkle with herbs.
- Cook over medium heat until meat and potatoes are browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot and plain or with other side dishes or main dishes, then drizzle with the hot sauce, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (about 1 cup each):
- 244 Calories | 6g Fat | 50.7g Cholesterol | 44mg Sodium | 19.9g Protein | 27.5g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | 1½ bread | 2 meat