Makes 6 servings.
- 1 roasting chicken (3½ to 5 pounds)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- About 25 minutes before serving time, combine rice, butter, curry powder and broth in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Lower heat to simmer and cover with tight-fitting lid. Cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- If desired, pack rice into 6 greased individual molds or custard cups.
- Unmold onto serving platter with roast chicken
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.