Makes 6 servings.
- 1 roasting chicken (3½ to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- ½ cup seedless raisins, plumped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 6 fluted orange peel cups
- Rub chicken with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered on rack in large roasting pan at 325 °F for 2½ to 3 hours until meat thermometer registers 180 °F, basting occasionally.
- Cook celery and onion in butter in large skillet until golden brown.
- Stir in rice, raisins and orange peel; heat.
- Spoon rice mixture into orange cups.
- Serve with roast chicken
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.