Makes 4 servings.
- 1 duckling, 4 to 5 pounds, thawed
- ⅔ cup duck or chicken broth
- 1 x 17-ounce can pitted dark sweet cherries, drained (reserve syrup)
- 3 tablespoons kirsch
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Prick skin of duckling with fork; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place breast side up on rack in roasting pan. Roast at 350 °F for 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine broth, ⅓ cup syrup, kirsch, jelly, butter, salt, orange peel and cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook, stirring, until clear and thickened. Add cherries and pineapple; heat through.
- Combine rice and almonds.
- Serve Duck and sauce over beds of fluffy rice mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.