This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb. chourico
- 4-5 lbs. sirloin roast or of your choice
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 6 carrots, peeled
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage quarted
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup ketchup
- salt & pepper to your taste
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- flour meat and brown in oil on both sides.
- Put meat in roasting pan and add all but the carrots, potatoes & cabbage.
- Roast for about 3 hours.
- Then add the carrots, potatoes & cabbage cover.
- Cook until the potatoes are done.
- In the meanwhile keep marinating the meat and vegetables with the gravy that's in the pan.
- When the potatoes are done, take the roast out and let rest for about 15 minutes then slice and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.