This turkey dish is enriched with honey, mustard, butter, and lemon juice, cooked to white-hot perfection, and served with gravy. This is one savory turkey dish the family will never forget.
- 1 large turkey breast for roasting (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 ½ cup water, hot or lukewarm only
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce, dark or light only
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. orange marmalade
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. red wine or sherry, optional
For the roasting base
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (or 190° C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, mustard, butter, and lemon juice.
- Brush all over the turkey breast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey in a baking dish, then roast in the oven at 375° F for about 40 - 50 minutes, until cooked.
- In a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil.
- Mix up the chicken cube until it dissolves.
- Add the orange marmalade, juice, wine, and soy sauce.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a little cold water, then mix up the gravy.
- Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the roast turkey in the center of the serving plate.
- Surround with grilled tomatoes and steamed peas.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and the gravy, as well as with rice, if desired.