Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 32 asparagus spears
- 4 oz. package sliced pancetta or regular bacon
- black pepper to taste
- parsley, optional
- Place the baking sheet with sides on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Heat an oven to 450° F. Trim asparagus spears to 6-inch lengths.
- Per bundle, wrap half a pancetta slice around the middle of 2 asparagus spears.
- When all 16 bundles are assembled, remove the hot baking sheet from the oven.
- Arrange bundles on the sheet. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Turn bundles over, continue to roast for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp and asparagus is tender.
- To serve, transfer bundles to a plate and sprinkle with pepper and parsley, if desired. Serve warm and plain or with other vegetables.