This vegetarian salad is made with real vegetables and enriched with real cheese to white-hot perfection. This is as great a dish as it can get when it comes to vegetables.
- 1 ½ pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into strips
- ¼ cup toasted almond slices
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salad seasoning mix, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange the asparagus spears and bell peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet, and drizzle or mist with ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Roast 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender, turning occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- In a bowl, toss together the asparagus, bell peppers, onion, almond slices, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ½ cup olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, lime juice, sugar, hot sauce, and salad seasoning.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.