This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 Pound asparagus
- 2 Large Sprigs Fresh rosemary
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground black pepper
- Trim asparagus by holding spears one at a time with one hand about halfway up the stalk bottoms up then grasp the bottom of the stalk with the other hand and bend until it breaks.
- Wash spears and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500 °F.
- Snap rosemary sprigs in half then put in a microwaveable dish with oil and cook on half power for 1 minute
- Put oil, rosemary and asparagus in a cast iron skillet.
- Rub or brush asparagus thoroughly with oil and allow marinating 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Put skillet in the oven and cook 10 minutes, shaking a few times to coat spears with oil and cook evenly
- Drain oil and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.