Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4 – 6
- 1 pound baby beets, stems trimmed to 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 3 – 4 cups washed and dried spinach leaves
- ¼ pound crumbled roquefort cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash beets then wrap in parchment-lined aluminum foil and roast in center of oven until tender, 45 – 60 minutes.
- Peel beets and cut in half.
- Whisk together shallot, lemon juice and mustard.
- Whisk in oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beets in a little dressing.
- Place spinach on a large platter, top with beets then cheese.
- Drizzle lightly with dressing.
- Serve remaining dressing on side.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (133.54 g-wt.):
- 190 calories (15 from fat) | 15g total fat | 5g saturated fat | 6g protein | 10g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 6g sugar) | 15mg cholesterol | 420mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.