Roasted Eggplant, Tomato and Arugula from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium sized eggplants, cut into ¾ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups arugula
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place eggplant on a foil-lined broiler pan and brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil then drizzle lemon juice over slices.
- Broil eggplant for 8–10 minutes, turning once until tender and golden, then sprinkle with cilantro.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, garlic and sauté for 1–2 minutes until softened but not mushy.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Arrange eggplant on salad plates.
- Divide feta cheese and mound on each plate on top of eggplant.
- Divide tomatoes and place on top of feta cheese then top with arugula leaves.
- In the skillet, under low heat, add the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar and heat through for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle dressing over each salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.