Begin this at least 12 hours before serving.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings.
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4 to 5 pound roast, eye of round or rump
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor until a thick paste forms, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Make 3 to 4 (1-inch) cuts in each side of roast with a sharp knife.
- Fill each cut with about 1 teaspoon of paste.
- Spread remaining paste over beef.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Unwrap roast; place in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake, covered, at 325°F for 3 hours and 15 minutes or until meat shreds and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180°F (meat will not shred below this temperature)
- Let stand 10 minutes before shredding or chopping.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Serve with corn tortillas, sour cream, pico de gallo and onions, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 231 | Fat 7.4g | Carbs 2g | Sodium 551mg | Fiber 0.4g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.