Red Pepper Dip from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 2 medium red sweet peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or ¼ teaspoon crushed and dried thyme)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Roast the peppers:
- Cut peppers into quarters and remove stem, seeds, and membranes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place peppers down on foil, skin side up and press each segment to lie flat on sheet.
- Bake in an oven at 425 °F for 20 minutes or until skin is blackened and blistered.
- Remove peppers from oven and place in a paper bag. Close bag and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel and discard skins.
- Place peppers in a food processor, cover and blend until finely chopped.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, thyme, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.