Prep Time: 10 minutes
I got tired of paying $$$ for this at a local market, so I set out to make my own.
- 1 jar of roasted peppers or 2 - 3 roasted peppers - drained and diced
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano (or 2 tbsp fresh)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients, adjusting the amount of olive oil to achieve a texture that is like a thick, crumbly dip rather than a smooth spread.
- You want lumps of feta.
- Wait a few hours to let the flavours develop before you taste for seasoning.
- Serve with crispy lavash or toasted pita triangles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.