- 1 Large Vidalia Onion, Halved Vertically
- 1 Large Sweet Red bell pepper, Halved And Seeded
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh basil Leaves
Dice 1 Onion Half; Set Aside.
Cut Remaining Onion Half Into Slices. Place Onion Slices And BellPepper, Cut Sides Down, on a Baking Sheet Lined With Non-StickAluminum Foil; Drizzle With oil, And Sprinkle With salt.Broil Onion Slices And bell pepper Halves 5 Inches From Heat About
- 10 Minutes or Until bell pepper Looks Blistered. Place Bell PepperHalves in a Zip-Top Freezer Bag; Seal And Let Stand 10 Minutes ToLoosen Skin. Peel bell pepper Halves, And Dice 1 Half. Reserve DicedBell pepper And Remaining Half. Dice Roasted Onion, And Set Aside.Melt butter in a Large Skillet Over Medium-High Heat. Add ReservedDiced Raw Onion, And Saute 10 Minutes or Until Onion Begins ToBrown. Stir in flour; Cook, Stirring Constantly, 5 Minutes, or UntilFlour Mixture is Caramel-Colored. Stir in chicken broth And CreoleSeasoning. Reduce Heat to Medium, And Cook, Stirring Constantly,Until Thickened.
Process Gravy Mixture And Reserved bell pepper Half in a BlenderUntil Smooth, Stopping to Scrape Down Sides.
Yield: 3 Cups