Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 sticks butter
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- Melt the butter.
- Add the molasses, sugar and eggs.
- Beat well.
- Mix together flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Sift dry ingredients well before mixing to molasses mixture.
- Refrigerate the dough for several hours.
- Break off pieces of the dough and roll into small balls.
- Roll the balls in sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.