- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped blanched almonds
- 1⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat butter at high speed and add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and extract.
- Beat in almonds, then gradually beat in flour.
- With hands shape 1 inch pieces of dough into triangles, then roll into crescents.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350°F, about 20 minutes, or until just golden on edges.
- While warm, coat crescents with confectioners' sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.