Lithuanian crock pickles
- 1 gallon pickling cucumbers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons salt, non-iodized
- sprigs of dill, as required
- water, as required to fill gallon jar
- Wash cucumbers, cut off both ends.
- Mash garlic and place on the bottom of a glass jar or crock.
- Fill jar with the cucumbers.
- Bring water and salt to a boil and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour over pickles in the jar or crock and place a dish on top with a weight to hold the pickles down.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.