Description[edit | edit source]
Makes about 72 cookies 2 inch size or 6 small cookie sheets of various sizes. If you aren't too fussy, square or random shapes from the edges can be cut with a plastic knife or anything that is safe to use on your rolling surface.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add about ¾ of the flour and the baking powder, reserving the rest of the flour for rolling.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface until ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375°F oven until lightly browned, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cool before storing.
- Decorate with a tiny piece of a cherry, raisin or nut.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
For two small cookies:
- 58 calories | 8 grams carbohydrate | 0 protein | 2 fat | 46 mg. sodium | 10 potassium | 8 mg cholesterol.
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ bread, ½ fat