- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Mix wheat flour, maida, salt and baking powder and sieve them together.
- Pour oil in the flour and add water bit by bit and make a smooth and elastic dough and set aside covered with moist muslin cloth for 1/2 an hour.
- Now make small balls of the dough and roll like a thin chapati of about 12" diameter circle using little dry flour (it should be thin as a tissue).
- Heat an inverted griddle (tawa).
- Place the roti carefully over it and cook till done.
- Fold it like a handkerchief.
- Serve hot with hot vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.