This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 cups fresh romaine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Toss romaine with the oil, vinegar salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over romaine immediately before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.