In Romanian: Budinca de mere
- 5-6 tart Apples,
- 2 French baguettes (2–3 days old),
- 3 cups milk,
- 3 eggs,
- 2 oz/50 g Raisins or sour cherries from preserves,
- 1/2 cup Sugar,
- 4 oz/100 g butter,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla,
- butter and bread crumbs for the mold
- Peel, halve, remove seeds and cut Apples in finger thick slices.
- Cut the baguettes in finger thick slices too.
- Dunk each bread slice in a mixture of beaten eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Grease a round mold or pan with butter and arrange soaked bread slices on the bottom and sides.
- On top of the bread slices, arrange Apple slices.
- Then sprinkle with Sugar and Raisins or sour cherries from preserves.
- Then arrange another layer of soaked bread slices, then a layer of Apple slices.
- Sprinkle with Sugar and Raisins or sour cherries from preserves.
- Continue until all Apples are used up.
- The last layer must be bread slices.
- Pour the remaining egg-milk mixture on top. Dot with little pieces of butter.
- Bake until golden. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.