Romazava (Mixed Meat Stew) - Serves 4
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 8 oz Stewing or Braising Steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- Cold water
- 8 oz Shoulder or Leg of Pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, coarsely grated
- 1 Lb fresh spinach, shredded
- 2 Tsp. Sakay (Hot chilli Sauce) Optional
- Heat the oil in large saucepan, add the Beef and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Add enough cold water to just cover the meat, season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer very gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the Pork, mix well and continue to cook for an further 30 minutes, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Add the Chicken pieces, mix well and continue to cook for 15 minutes, once again, checking the water level and adding a little more if necessary.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger and Sakay if using, mix well and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded spinach and cook stirring until the leaves have just wilted. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.