- ½ lb baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lb daikon, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder or more to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb turnips (about 6 small) or rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir until powder is heated and aromatic but not browned.
- Add broth and vegetables.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes.
- In small cup, whisk flour into water until smooth.
- Add to curry, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.