Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 10
- 4 cups assorted root vegetables (such as parsnips, turnips, and/or rutabaga), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots, baby
- 1 cup pearl onions
- ½ cup celery root
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts
- In a covered large saucepan, cook assorted vegetables, carrots, peal onions, and celery root in a small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or until nearly tender.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the precooked vegetables, salt, and pepper; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts over vegetables.
Nutritional information Edit
- 77 Calories | 0g saturated fat | 0mg cholesterol | 62mg sodium | 4g total fat | 10g carbs | 3g dietary fiber | 4g sugars | 2g protein
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, ½ fat
- Carb choices: ½
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.