Makes about 2 dozen.
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons rose water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and room temperature
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on medium speed until pale and foamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla and 2 teaspoons rose water. Fold in flour mixture. Fold in butter.
- Cover with plastic; chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 °F; place rack in center. Coat two scallop-shell pans with cooking spray. Use spoon to fill molds three-quarters full. Bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 °F. Bake 5 to 8 minutes more, until lightly golden. Immediately tap out madeleines onto a cooling rack. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons rose water.
- Let madeleines cool scallop side up to avoid any creases or lines from rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.