This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- ⅓ cup minced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20 large shrimp shelled deveined and butterflied
- ½ cup cream sherry
- ½ cup minced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- Into a 12 inch skillet pour olive oil to a depth of approximately ⅛-inch then add butter and melt over medium heat then add onion and garlic and sauté until transparent.
- Add basil, black pepper and shrimp then increase heat to high and sauté 1 minute.
- Add cream sherry, tomatoes, parsley and garlic salt.
- Cook an additional 4 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.