Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 4
- 2 lbs potatoes
- ¾ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 4 oz fatty bacon, cut into thin strips
- ⅜ cup butter
- Put unpeeled potatoes in pan of salted water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are just cooked.
- Drain and when cool, peel off skins.
- Grate into a bowl and add the cheese.
- Fry bacon strips in one third of butter for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain and add to potatoes.
- Season well.
- Turn mixture onto a pieces of foil and shape into a circle the size of the skillet.
- To freeze: cover with foil and label. Freeze.
- To thaw: melt the remaining butter in skillet. Add the potato cake and cook gently for 15 minutes on each side. Turn out by placing a serving dish upside down on the skillet and reversing the two.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.