- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 12 pancakes.
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and coarsely shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- non-fat plain yogurt, unsweetened applesauce or sour cream (optional)
- Place potatoes in colander and rinse.
- Dry on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine Onion, flour and parsley.
- Stir in egg , egg-white , salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of Potato mixture in skillet.
- Flatten into pancake with spatula.
- Make 3 more pancakes in skillet as directed.
- Cook until browned on the bottom, about 7 minutes, pressing with spatula.
- Turn carefully; cook until golden on the other side, about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Place on a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat twice with the remaining butter and Potato mixture.
- Serve with applesauce, sour cream or yogurt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.