- 4 cups of water
- 20 young taro leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1½ rounded tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the water, add taro leaves and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Drain and mash the taro leaves and set aside.
- Heat the butter, margarine or oil, and fry onion for one minute.
- Add flour and stir the mixture over a low heat for one minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in milk.
- Put back on heat and bring to boil.
- Add leaves and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.