Plain white rice
- 450 g (1 lb) long-grain rice
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cardamom pods
- Wash rice, drain and place in a medium saucepan. Add 400 ml (14 fl oz) of boiling water.
- Add olive oil, salt, cardamom and cover pan. Boil on high heat for 10 minutes, until the water has evaporated.
- Lift the lid and give a quick stir, then place lid back on and simmer for 10 minutes on very low heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.