Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 12 wonton wrappers, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, to brush on wontons
- 6 cups water, to boil chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid margarine
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- blue cheese dressing
- celery (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a work surface and brush lightly with the oil.
- Mold the wontons, oiled-side up, into the bottoms of miniature (1-inch) muffin tins.
- Bake until light brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and remove from the muffin tins.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to assemble.
- Cook the chicken at a simmer until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Cool the chicken slightly, then finely chop and shred with a fork.
- Season with a little salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together the hot sauce, liquid margarine, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Refrigerate until slightly chilled.
- To assemble: place 1 heaping teaspoon of the chicken mixture in each wonton cup and garnish with blue cheese dressing and crunchy celery sticks for dipping.
- Serve at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.