In Romanian: Chec rusesc
- 14 oz / 400 g butter
- 14 oz / 400 g sugar
- 8 eggs
- 10 oz / 300 g flour
- 5 oz / 150 g roughly chopped figs
- 5 oz / 150 g chopped walnuts
- 5 oz / 150 g various fruits from preserves
- chopped peel from ½ half orange
- grated peel from ½ lemon
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- Cream the butter with the sugar, add the 8 yolks one by one, then walnuts, figs, fruits, vanilla, orange and lemon peel.
- Add flour, mix well, then add whipped egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the buttered and dusted bread pan.
- The pan must not be too full.
- Bake at medium heat. Test with a wooden pick.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.