- 1½ lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 each onion, peeled and chopped
- ¼ lbs mushrooms
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 tbsp oil
- Boil potatoes in water til tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- In a separate pan, saute onions and mushrooms in oil and water over medium-high heat for three minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, sauteed onions and mushrooms, seasonings and matzo meal together in a large bowl.
- Form 10 croquettes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat and fry croquettes for 8 minutes on each side.
- Serving size is 2 croquettes per person.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.