- Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ pound lamb, cut into ½" cubes
- ½ pound beef, cut into ½" cubes
- 6 cups water
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chile garlic paste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- handmade noodles
- Mix the flour and water into a smooth ball of dough.
- Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a large flat sheet about ⅛" thick.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice the dough into 1" strips, and then into 1" squares.
- Set aside until soup broth is ready.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large soup kettle and stir-fry the meat until lightly browned.
- Add onions and garlic and stir-fry until tender.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add chile garlic paste and soy sauce, stirring to blend.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, until meat is tender.
- Add noodles a few at a time, stirring to separate.
- Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes, until noodles are soft and tender.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.