- Prep: 10 minutes - Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES ® butter
- 2 large (2 cups) onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 slices rye bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked Turkey
- 4 (1-ounce) slices LAND O LAKES ® Deli American cheese
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onions.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened and beginning to brown (6 to 8 minutes).
To assemble sandwiches, spread 1 side of each bread slice with remaining butter.
Layer 4 slices bread, buttered-side down, with 1/4 Turkey, 1/4 Onion and 1 slice Cheese.
Top with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
Place sandwiches in same skillet.
Cook over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown (4 to 6 minutes).
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- Nutritional Info Per 1 Sandwich: Calories 500, Fat 28 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 1470 mg, Carbohydrates 40 g, Dietary Fiber 5 g, Protein 21 g