This herring salad is a fresh and unusual addition to a brunch meal or cold buffet.
- 1 apple (Red Delicious or other sweet variety)
- 5 – 6 slices pickled red beet
- 2 – 3 fillets marinated or spice pickled herring
- ½ – ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- Take about half a cup of mayonnaise and stir well to prevent it from lumping.
- Cut the herring into small slices and the apple and beet into small cubes.
- Add to the mayonnaise and mix well.
- The salad should be a rose-pink colour - if not, add some of the juice from the beets.
- Serve with rye bread or crackers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.