- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk, optional
- Peel the cloves of garlic and pound to pulp in a mortar or heavy bowl.
- Add the mashed potatoes and continue pounding until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice and water, if needed, alternately, a little at a time until all are used up.
- Continue stirring briskly for a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste and stir again until well blended. Cover and store in a cool place.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.