- 1 POUND Beef
- 1 POUND Pork
- 1 POUND LIVER
- 1 TEASPOON cumin SEEDS
- 1 TEASPOON WHOLE black pepper corns
- 1 TEASPOON cinnamon
- 4 WHOLE CLOVES
- 1 TEASPOON coriander seeds
- 1 TEASPOON turmeric
- 8-12 DRIED chile peppers
- 3 MEDIUM onions, FINELY CHOPPED
- 2 INCH PIECE fresh ginger, GRATED
- 1 FULL HEAD OF garlic, CLEANED AND MINCED
- 1 TABLESPOON tamarind PASTE
- 1/4 CUP vinegar
- Place meat in a sauce pan and cover with water.
- Boil until the meat is cooked through and remove from heat.
- Cool and reserve the water.
- Once the meat is cool, cut it into half inch squares.
- Place cumin, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, and chilies in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Grind together.
- Add tamarind and enough vinegar to form a paste.
- Fry the Onion, garlic, and ginger in a large saucepan.
- When the onions are soft, stir in the spice paste.
- Continue cooking until the onions and spices are well combined.
- Add the meat and the remaining vinegar and simmer for at least one hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.