- 1 lb ground Beef
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 oz cream cheese
flour to coat rolls
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried tarragon leaves
- In a bowl, combine Beef, egg white, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and water (mixture will be quite moist—don't panic).
- Cut a strip of waxed paper ~20 inches long and moisten the top side.
- Cut cream cheese into 8 sticks and place along the length of the ground Beef (on the waxed paper) end to end.
- Use waxed paper to roll meat lightly over filling to form a lengthwise roll.
- Cut crosswise into 8 pieces.
- Dust each piece on all sides with flour.
- In a frying pan heat 2 TBSP butter.
- Add meat rolls and brown all sides.
- Cover and cook 10–15 minutes.
- Remove to warm plate.
- Stir in pan drippings.
- Slowly whisk in broth to make a smooth sauce.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream and tarragon.
- Pour over meat rolls
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.