- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless Lamb, in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoons crushed fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup tomato puree
- salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Heat a heavy non-stick pan over high heat.
- Add the Lamb and 3 tablespoons of oil. Sear the meat, turning and tossing, until nicely browned all over. Transfer meat to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the Onion to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the onions are browned, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, red pepper, paprika, and turmeric and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, meat, salt, and enough water to fully cover the meat, about 1 1/2 cups.
- Bring contents to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is cooked and very tender.
- Fold in the spinach and garam Marsala. Serve sprinkled with cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.