- 3/4 cup blanched slivered almonds (4 oz.)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 3/4 cup packed golden raisins
- 3/4 cup packed finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tsp. lightly packed saffron threads
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
In small dry skillet, cook almonds over medium heat until lightly toasted, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Add toasted almonds, Raisins and apricots. Crush saffron threads between your fingers and add to rice mixture. Stir to combine. Add broth and salt, increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove saucepan from heat. Let pilaf stand, still covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.