- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 1/4 cups veggie stock or water
- 1/2 tbsp sage
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp each ground rosemary and thyme
- In a dry saucepan, heat the whole wheat flour over medium, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Once it begins to toast and becomes aromatic, quickly stir in the nutritional yeast and oil. Let this mixture cook for a couple of minutes, while you whisk it. Blend the veggie stock/water with the soy sauce and wine, and then add this mixture slowly to the pan in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Add the spices and cook over medium heat until thickened.
Makes about 2 cups of gravy.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.