- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, cut in strips
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 lb red snapper
- 1 lb swordfish
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 tsp dry cooking wine
- Heat oil and fry garlic until golden; remove garlic.
- Add onion, bell pepper and shrimp and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Cut fish into large chunks.
- Add water in a large pot and add all other ingredients.
- Toast saffron slightly and dissolve in a small amount of the liquid, add to pot.
- Cook for about 25 minutes and add cooking wine.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes serve with French bread brushed with olive oil and toasted or broiled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.