- lots of cassava greens (feuilles de manioc)
- a few spoonfuls of palm oil, Moambé Sauce, or any oil
- one Onion, chopped
- one clove garlic, minced
- sweet green pepper and/or sweet red pepper, chopped (optional)
- Eggplant (peeled, cubed, rinsed, and salted) or okra, chopped (optional)
- salt, or baking soda, to taste
- one piece of dried, salted, or smoked ; or one can of pilchards; or one can of sardines
- Throughly crush, mash, or grind the greens in a mortar and pestle or with whatever you can improvise.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add greens and cook for thirty minutes or more.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the greens and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Do not stir.
- Simmer until the water is mostly gone and the greens are cooked to a pulp.
- Serve as a side with a Chicken, meat, or main course.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.